I feel like an overused post-it note
2 Comments Published by rizumu on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 at 6:39 PM.
It's 6:40pm. I'm still at my desk, working through the white papers with clusters of information for me to digest - and that's ok, because that's part of work - or wait, paperwork?
It's not that I can't leave, but I'm staying to wait for my turn - we have a meeting. A dry run. We've been having many of those. I have been running. running. Now, I have just learnt that I need to run faster. It's pretty insane. I am quite exhausted.
Honestly, I don't know what time the meeting ends. It could stretch to 9 or 10, it's hard to tell. The work weather here has been rather thundering but again, it's just a season, and all season shall pass.
I have a prayer session tonight and that would require a lot of stillness and focus and honestly, I am feeling far from it. In the muddle of heaviness, I'm asking questions and seeking answers. But I choose to wait, patiently on Him.
My cab reaches at 5:30am tomorrow morning, my flight is at 8am. Suddenly the candid joy of not needing to pack your contact lenses and solutio like ever seems to have lost its crowning glory. I am here trying to figure out, will I and can I finish everything in time, get properly rested before heading to my neighbouring work shores tomorrow. I need to get out. And thankfully, I have chosen to set some time for it.
But I tell you, work life is tough. I speak for all I guess. But that's a reality and we have a choice to view it differently and well sometimes we make a difference, sometimes...we are just having to be different. But never differ our God. That's all I can remind myself and rest in that hope.
There's been a lack of quiet time and prayer, because things have been running in such high speed 3G mode, it's just insane and we all know how Christmas is like for us :)
So here I am, feeling like a post-it note, being the messenger at work and running the mill of closing gaps and traversing the career skies passing knowledge and information. Thankfully, I haven't gotten slapped yet but really, it would be nice to hear an encouraging one.
It's been dry off late and if you remember, pray for me. I need it.
And here I am - scribble funny looking for a still quiet.
It's not that I can't leave, but I'm staying to wait for my turn - we have a meeting. A dry run. We've been having many of those. I have been running. running. Now, I have just learnt that I need to run faster. It's pretty insane. I am quite exhausted.
Honestly, I don't know what time the meeting ends. It could stretch to 9 or 10, it's hard to tell. The work weather here has been rather thundering but again, it's just a season, and all season shall pass.
I have a prayer session tonight and that would require a lot of stillness and focus and honestly, I am feeling far from it. In the muddle of heaviness, I'm asking questions and seeking answers. But I choose to wait, patiently on Him.
My cab reaches at 5:30am tomorrow morning, my flight is at 8am. Suddenly the candid joy of not needing to pack your contact lenses and solutio like ever seems to have lost its crowning glory. I am here trying to figure out, will I and can I finish everything in time, get properly rested before heading to my neighbouring work shores tomorrow. I need to get out. And thankfully, I have chosen to set some time for it.
But I tell you, work life is tough. I speak for all I guess. But that's a reality and we have a choice to view it differently and well sometimes we make a difference, sometimes...we are just having to be different. But never differ our God. That's all I can remind myself and rest in that hope.
There's been a lack of quiet time and prayer, because things have been running in such high speed 3G mode, it's just insane and we all know how Christmas is like for us :)
So here I am, feeling like a post-it note, being the messenger at work and running the mill of closing gaps and traversing the career skies passing knowledge and information. Thankfully, I haven't gotten slapped yet but really, it would be nice to hear an encouraging one.
It's been dry off late and if you remember, pray for me. I need it.
And here I am - scribble funny looking for a still quiet.

The ending of the message on Sunday was this:
13 "As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance."
with an emphasis on rest... ahh, no matter how rundown we are, our life season will eventually pass. And all old things will pass away.. He'll make all things new. :)
bro, thank you for your encouragement. it means a lot!
Well said, very true. the reminder I needed and it helps to get affirmation about the race that we're on.
:)